About Me

My photo
Valenzuela City, NCR, Philippines
My friends say that I'm a computer addict, actually " Literate ", They just don't understand. I study a Bocasional Computer Course (Associate in Computer Technology) in OLLC gen t de leon Valenzuela. I love to read, hear music and blogging is my pas time from now on. I wish to be more successful as I could because I'm on my right age now, and I must be more independent. I Appreciate the comments on my blogs because they are the treasures yet to be discovered in the future. thanks to Readers! my email:alakdang_itim14@yahoo.com other sites:zephyrzero.multiply.com / just contact me on my email =) zephyrzero.blogs.friendster.com

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The 93 yrs. old MV Doulos

It was December 23,2007, and it was the very last day for MV Doulos here in the Philippines. They said that Titanic was just 2 yrs. older than MV Doulos, and this old ship had sailed from Germany up to here in the Philippines to give Knowledge, Help and Hope.

Doulos was a greek word means Servant. This old ship was aboarded by Christian participants from all over the world. From the captain of this ship and all of the crew, they all are real Christians , that's the most good thing that made this ship more blessed and special. The ship came here to sell some good books and give all there earnings to the charity. After they finish doing some things here in the Philippines, the MV Doulos will be retired.
MV DOULOS
I really appreciated entering the MV Doulos, because I found a book titled " BLOG " on it, by Hugh Hewitt. The books they sell here was very cheap, and really worth it. We bought a book about Autocadding and Mathcad at there promo, " buy our Doulos Bag for 300pesos, then choose 2 books at this area ". My Dad said that the AutoCadding book can't be bought here in the Philippines with a price lower than 2,000pesos. The MathCad was the most grabbed book at the area, hopefully we grabbed the very last one.

The ship was to old that it was repainted maybe several times, you can see some paint leaks on any part of the ship. The MV Doulos was painted white, with some blue linings on it.

Almost million of filipinos entered it, and visited for the book invasion. Maybe MV Doulos chose there last journey here in the philippines to help the very poor children, and at the same time filipinos are really known to be as wild readers. The more book we buy, the more it will earn to help our fellow men. At least the ship has a spiritual purpose of helping peoples lives, and was known to roam all over the world sharing Knowledge, doing some help, and giving Hope.

No comments: